INCREASING KNOWLEDGE OF PARENTS IN CARE OF THE SIDE EFFECTS OF CHEMOTHERAPY IN LEUKEMIA CHILDREN THROUGH BOOKLET IN DR. MOEWARDI GENERAL HOSPITAL SURAKARTA
Leukemia is the number one cancer that attacks children aged 0 to 18 years. Parents who have children with leukemia will experience a heavy burden in caring for children. Health education is one way for nurses to ease the burden of parents in finding information about leukemia. The use of booklets has long been known as a medium in health education, where effectiveness is very significant in increasing parental knowledge. The purpose of the study: to determine the effect of health education with booklets on the level of knowledge of parents in caring for leukemic children who are on chemotherapy. Method: quasi experiment and using Wilcoxon data analysis. Results: p-value 0.00, where the p - value <0.005 so that there is an effect of booklets in increasing parental knowledge about the treatment of side effects of chemotherapy in children with leukemia. Conclusion: booklet administration increases parental knowledge about the treatment of chemotherapy side effects in leukemic children.
Copyright (c) 2019 Jurnal Ilmiah Kesehatan Media Husada
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
The authors who publish their articles in Jurnal Ilmiah Kesehatan Media Husada must approve the copyright statement as follows :
1. The authors agree to automatic transfer of the copyright to the publisher
2. All material contained in this site is protected by law.
3. If you find one or more articles contained in the journal that violate or potentially infringe your copyright, please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org
4. The formal legal aspect of access to any information and articles contained in this journal site refers to the terms of the licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. . This allows authors and others to share (copy and redistribute the material in any medium or fomat) and adapt (remix, transform, and build upon the material) for non-commercial purposes.
4. All Information contained in the journal is academic. The journal is not liable for any losses incurred by misuse of information from this site.